Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February Spice Rack Challenge - Pork and Shrimp Meatballs

Sigh....the spice this month was Citrus, but not as simple as using some lemon or lime juice I need to used either citrus peel (fresh or dried) or preserved citrus, neither of which I use much.


I would have automatically made limoncello (actually I am still making limoncello) however the recipe that I follow takes longer than a month to complete so time constraints ruled it out for the challenge.

I was browsing Tasty Kitchen a week or so back and saw this recipe for pork and shrimp meatballs. It sounded pretty tasty and I saved it to use as a starting off point.

I used all the amounts roughly, used more garlic and pock, zested two lemons and added the juice of one.


Squish it all up with your hands, cook according to instructions in linked recipe (though I'm going to bake the ones that I froze when we have the second half of the batch).

I served half for dinner (and overcooked them slightly...oops,I don't fry much) with sauteed asparagus...


...and froze half the meatballs for a later date.


The verdict was that they were pretty tasty, though next time I'll have a dipping sauce to go with them.

1 comment:

  1. I bet the meat mix would be really good folded into potsticker dough and made into potstickers

    ReplyDelete