Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Skillet Delicious

It definitely doesn't have to be fancy to be delicious. That was the lesson learned after eating this amazing Friday night dinner. Everything in the pan came out of our backyard garden except for the sausage and the the salt and pepper. Plus I'd dug most of it up that after noon so there was no arguing freshness.

It started with the final potato harvest. I'd already dug up 4 of our 11 plants over the last 3 weeks but with all the frost hitting now I wanted to get some progress done on the garden clean up. (That and I was planting garlic bulbs in the front potato patch and needed to harvest the potatoes and do a quick weed and rake first.) The smal bowl of potatoes on the right was used for dinner (with leftovers of course). I washed them well and then diced up the larger pototoes so that all the pieces were the size of the tiny ones.

I'd cooked the sausage (sweet basil italian) about 3/4 of the way through and removed them to a cutting board to slice. Giving the skillet a quick wash and oil I added some oil and the potatoes and cooked them at medium-low for about 20 minutes. Once cooled, I sliced the sausage and added it back to the skillet. I cooked the sausage and potatoe for another 5 or so minutes before adding all the veg, which in this case was one zucchini, the handful of green beans I got (cry), 5 small carrots, 3 mini bell peppers, and two diced serrano peppers. A touch of salt and pepper and another 8ish minutes to cook the veggies through.
I call it Skillet Delicious - because it was

No comments:

Post a Comment