Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lattice Top Peach Raspberry Pie


Raspberry season is dying down right? Or at least it seems to be everywhere but my backyard. After making raspberry jam, raspberry tarts, blueberry and raspberry sauce and just plain eating raspberries I was running low on ideas. The internet of course provides suitable inspiration and I've altered up this following recipe based off of finding on allrecipes.com.

We served this for dessert last Sunday when my mom and dad came over. Dinner was a grilled splatchcocked Rosemary-Garlic chicken, potatoes from our garden, and green beans from the Farmers Market.

Peach Raspberry Pie
4 cups fresh peaches (peeled, pitted, sliced)
1 cup fresh raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 deep dish pie crusts (recipe of your choice or store bought - I'm not here to judge, and I totally use store bought pie crusts half the time)

Preheat oven to 400.

Place peaches and raspberries in a large bowl. Add sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix gently to blend flavours.

Using a spoon, transfer mixture to pie crust. Now as you can see from the picture I made a totally podunk lattice top for my pie. Feel free to
a) do a better job yourself
b) copy my not quite right but rustic stylings, or
c) top with the other pie crust.

If taking route c) wet the pie edges gently and crimp top and bottom crusts together with a fork. Don't forget to slice a few vents in the top as well.

Bake for 45 minutes, let sit on your counter taunting you all afternoon, and devour with family after applying a small dollop of ice cream to slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment